Here’s a little update for you from our campaign…
Last night we held our third Management Committee Meeting, here is what was discussed:
- Directors of the limited company are now registered with Companies House as Martine and Lucy. Marion is no longer a director but is still Chairperson of the Management Committee.
- Meeting with solicitors discussed and action agreed on (sorry have been advised not to share details of this yet)
- Agreed to pay Paul P our barrister for his work so far, to request an invoice for this.
- Committed to pay for new legal services and action.
- Finance update shared by Martine and Jonathan including forecasted balance.
- Crowdfunder, Auction sales, t-shirt, craft, wristband and other donations all paid into bank/PayPal accounts (so far).
- Stephen brought in a collection tin (pictured) full of donations from his work for wristbands that contained £137.40!
- Jonathan (me) has been nominated to provide updates to the group members via WhatsApp, social media including SAVE OUR TREES – Wellingborough Walks Action Group | Facebook (do join) and Blog – Save Our Trees.
Love Your Tree Day – Join in!
- Decorate your favourite tree on Monday 1st May, take a picture, share on social media with #LoveYourTreeDay
- Yellow ribbon is now available at ECO HUB (open today 12-2 and tomorrow 10-2 and 6-8)
- Add your hand to the Happy Café Tree at ECO HUB, more than 20 have already!
- Join us at The Embankment car park at 11am on 1st May to decorate (and celebrate) our trees!
Take decorations down Monday 15th May (after Waendal Walk)
Join us at The Embankment on Monday 8th May 1-4pm for lunch! Bring your pack up, blanket and Pims, to celebrate the coronation of the king in the company of the trees that we have saved (so far).
- Volunteers needed to talk to people as they take part in the Friendship Walk on Friday 12th May 6-8pm. Walker will be passing the felled trees and wondering why on earth they have been chopped down. We need to be telling all of them that more trees are at risk!
We plan to have pictures of the trees with protestors at each stump, have badges made to give away, and have wristbands and donation tins available on The Walks’ so get your Save Our Trees t-shirts on and let’s get them lovely walkers involved!
- You will be very glad to find out that we are committing a large chunk of what we have raised already to the legal action that in the pipeline. But of course what that means is that every penny counts and there are various ways to donate to support this legal action including buying a t-shirt, getting a wristband, attending our fundraising concert, or just donating if you can…
- T-shirts, tote bags and more are available at Save Our Trees (teemill.com)
- Wristbands are available at ECO HUB, Glamis Hall, Goldsmith Road, NN8 3RU and at all of our other events!
- The Fundraising Concert will be publicised soon, watch this space!
You can donate online with a credit or debit card, or via PayPal at Donate – Save Our Trees, or by cash or cheque at ECO HUB (cheques can also be posted to ECO HUB)
Thank you ALL for your support!